MUMBAI, 10 May 2021: Wheat is a vital food crop, ranking third in global crop production, with more than 760 million tons being produced annually. Barley is another important crop with uses in animal feed and beverage production and is gaining popularity in human diets.Wheat (and barley) researchers and breeders need a genomic analysis tool that enable comparison across diverse varieties and globally diverse germplasm collections.
This newly launched Illumina Infinium™ Wheat Barley 40K v1.0 BeadChip, is designed and created by researchers at Agriculture Victoria in Australia in collaboration with Intergrain. This is the first commercial design that delivers on this need with SNP content representative of worldwide germplasm and has utility for both breeding and research applications.
This design combined with the market leading Infinium XT platform enables:
· Analysis of 22,163 wheat and/or 12,889 barley SNPs in parallel
· Accurate imputation from diverse backgrounds enabling comparisons across global varieties
· High-throughput analysis of up to 96 wheat and barley samples in parallel on each BeadChip
· High-quality data with 99 percent average call rates and 99.9 percent reproducibility
With imputation power across global wheat and barley varieties, this BeadChip supports numerous applications:
· Germplasm characterization of H. vulgare; hexaploid wheat, from bread to synthetic wheat; tetraploid wheat, from T. diccocumto T. durum
· Trait dissection, from genome-wide association studies (GWAS) to genetic mapping
· Marker-assisted selection
· Genomic prediction
· Tracking of trait introgressions from related species
For commercial questions about the wheat-barley 40K SNP array, please contact the following Illumina Authorized Commercial Partner in India
Premas Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd
A sponsored feature